Compassionate Veterinary Care for Northwest Portland OR Pets’
When choosing a veterinary hospital, it’s important to know that the veterinarians and staff will be able to fulfill your pet’s potential health needs. Hopefully, your pet will never require anything more than pet wellness care, which we are happy to provide. However, should your pet become sick or injured, we are ready and able to help.
Sick Pet & Emergency Veterinary Care
We treat a wide variety of pet injuries and conditions nearly every day at Northwest Neighborhood Veterinary Hospital. From vomiting and diarrhea, to puncture wounds, animal bites, lacerations, and eye traumas received while playing in the park.
Oftentimes, a pet’s ailment will be on the inside, where our expertise in veterinary internal medicine becomes essential. From diagnosing neurological and hormonal disorders, to treating heart and kidney disease, we are experienced at providing critical veterinary care.
Here’s a look at some of the additional veterinary services we offer.
- Preventive care and pet wellness—Because each pet has unique health needs, our veterinarians will work with you to create a customized wellness plan for your pet.
- Veterinary diagnostics—Our hospital is fully equipped with a veterinary laboratory, enabling us to obtain quick and accurate test results. We also conduct pet health screenings to assist our pet patients in maintaining their good health.
- Exotics and reptiles—We welcome rabbits, rodents, ferrets, and reptiles! Our veterinarians offer pet wellness care, as well as more specialized veterinary services when needed.
- Veterinary surgery—Whether your pet is being spayed or neutered or having a more advanced procedure performed, know that our safety and pain management protocols will protect him or her from harm.
- Pet dental care—Oral disease is extremely common in adult pets and can lead to serious health consequences. We will advise you on the best ways to maintain your pet’s oral health and provide pet teeth cleanings and even advanced oral surgery when necessary.
- Veterinary acupuncture and holistic medicine—Eastern medicine has many helpful veterinary therapies that could benefit your pet. We are pleased to offer holistic treatment options.
- Dermatology and pet skin care—Our veterinarians assist pets who are suffering from allergies, hormonal disorders, skin or ear infections, parasites, and more.
- Pet boarding and health certificates—If you’re traveling and wish to bring your pet along, we will assist you with the necessary health certificates. Should you need to board your pet, we offer personalized care that you won’t find at traditional boarding kennel facilities!
- Pet nutritional counseling—Diet plays a key role in your pet’s overall health. Our veterinarians will work with you to ensure your pet is receiving the nutrients and calories he or she needs.
- Pet foods, retail, and pharmacy—Our hospital’s on-site pharmacy makes obtaining pet medications a breeze. We also carry a variety of maintenance and prescription diets, as well as other quality pet products.